POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Roll-athon (455 kbbu) : Roll-athon (455 kbbu) Server Time
20 Jul 2024 17:21:22 EDT (-0400)
  Roll-athon (455 kbbu)
From: Greg M  Johnson
Date: 10 Jul 2000 22:04:36
Message: <396a80b4@news.povray.org>
I changed my bouncing algorithm to a rolling one. The result is below.
A  one Mb 320 x 240 version is at:

 http://members.xoom.com/_XMCM/gregjohn/animation.html#POV13

It's actually the most simple one to date. The particles do not actually
consider each other's presence (no collision avoidance or bouncing).
The acceleration of the particle is simply the x & z components of the
normal at the particle's location. If there's interest, I can make a
page with the algorithm like I did with the boids...

I think I  know how to make a texture on the particles themselves rotate
properly for the motion they make across the surface. It think however
that my approach would be very inelegant and a real programming
headache. Any pointers?

Q: Is there an easy way in matrices to say:
I rotated <13,5,5>, then <14,4,2>, then,....
Can I just add these up somehow?

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'bounceroll05.mpg' (455 KB)